In an honest world, LAG (Glodzik) would lose his contract for
A) Providing no records in 7 years
B) Charging way above the contract mandated prices / storage fees “according to the industry generally.”
C) Stealing cars (to sell car and/or parts)
D) Outrageous personal behavior of trying to head butt a cop (from another town) and beating up his “girlfriend” and slashing her tires.
However, honesty is a foreign word (and a foreign world) with Leighton. Leighton’s behavior is consistent with only two related scenarios. Both, or some permutation of them, point to criminal activity.
1) TRIO Louie DeNaples was Leo Glodzik’s father-in-law in 2005. Louie DeNaples owns the property that Glodzik operates from (Carey Ave in W-B). In 2005 Leighton illegally handed the contract to LAG Towing (Glodzik). The old towing company (City Wide) won a lawsuit against the city. DeNaples owns junk yards, salvage yards etc… It would not be a stretch to see how DeNaples, Leighton, and Glodzik could benefit from a car business that operates with a 100 % profit margin (stolen cars come with zero cost)… especially if Glodzik is giving Leighton cash on the side. Of note is that though Glodzik is now divorced to DeNaple’s daughter, Leo Glodzik himself told me he maintains a business relationship with DeNaples (Believe it or not, Glodzik and I actually had dinner together).
2) DUO – This scenario would have Leighton “on the take” from Glodzik in return for a towing monopoly and sweetheart property deals (see IX). In return Glodzik gives Leighton city money ($50,050), campaign contributions (over $10k), and/or envelopes with cash (heard this from a trusted source). In return Glodzik can charge what he wants, steals what he wants, and gets full umbrella protection from the police, the Mayor, and the Chief of police (Dessoye). Glodzik can ONLY get in trouble if he leaves the city (which he has managed to do twice by assaulting his girlfriend and a non-WB cop).
So why is Leighton stuck? Have you ever removed one card from a “house of cards? They all come tumbling down. Let’s assume Leighton does anything to lower revenue in any way. What happens?
- The lower revenues could upset Leighton
- More importantly, the lower revenues would make the unstable Glodzik very mad. Nothing is beyond this lunatic.
- If Glodzik “snitches” on the Mayor, everything crumbles
- As a city official, Leighton could be facing serious prison time (years).
An unholy alliance has been struck by Glodzik and Leighton. They are dirty bedfellows and they are stuck in crime together.
Why stop now? Stealing more cars and adding more kickbacks to the mix isn't going to materially add to the sum total of guilt and potential penalties already existing.